Associates in Arts for Transfer in Kinesiology
The associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer provides students with the opportunity to meet the requirements for transfer to the California State University system in the Kinesiology major. The degree is designed to prepare students for a variety of career options in the field of Kinesiology such as teaching, exercise science, sports medicine, and physical therapy. Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs. This degree is approved through the California Community College Chancellor's Office. Upon satisfactory completion of all degree requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student's transcripts will reflect completion of this degree.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and apply the concepts, theoretical principles, and historical and current trends in the field of Kinesiology.
- Understand how exercise in the form of physical activity contributes to the physiological responses and adaptions of the human body.
- Apply critical thinking, writing, reading, oral communication, and quantitative and qualitative analysis to skill and movement-related concepts.
- Identify and apply the scientific principles of movement, exercise, and sport including the knowledge and skill in the listed activity course families of fitness, aquatics, individual sport and team sport.
- Transfer to the California State University level programs with a comprehensive foundation in Kinesiology courses.
See Counselor Jason Kelly to discuss specifics about the Kinesiology Degree requirements.